It’s been a while since I posted an oatmeal recipe. It’s not due to a lack of consumption since I eat them almost everyday but lately I’ve been keeping things classic, Hearty Overnight Oats style. But with cherries in peak season and my obvious love for all things cherry + chocolate (please see: Dark Chocolate Cherry Bars and Chocolate Cherry Green Smoothie as proof) I knew I had hit the jackpot with this recipe. Things have been a bit crazy on this end so a breakfast which involves 2 minutes of prep, 5 ingredients and 18 grams of protein is definitely a winner.
Overnight Chocolate Cherry “PrOats”
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: overnight (or at least 6 hours
Keywords: no-bake breakfast gluten-free sugar-free nut-free cherry chocolate oats
Ingredients (Yields: 1 serving)
- 1/3 cup GF certified rolled oats
- 1 scoop (28 grams) chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup pitted cherries, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or sealed container and stir.
2. Place in refrigerator overnight (or at least 6 hours)
3. In the morning heat it up or eat it cold.
4. I topped mine with walnut butter for some healthy fats.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!