I hate to admit this, but I’ve always been a trend-follower. I just had to have the newest Beanie Baby, light up shoes and Spice Girls paraphernalia. For the most part I truly believe there is a reason something becomes trend-worthy, usually because it’s actually good. Except for furbies…mine annoyed the hell out of me and I ended up throwing it out of a tree house after a week.
Pumpkin Spice Plantain Chips
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
Keywords: bake snack gluten-free vegan plantain
Ingredients (Yields: 4 snacks)
- 2 plantains
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- sprinkling of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Peel and slice plantains thinly.
3. Place in bowl and pour melted coconut oil on top. Mix well with hands.
4. Add in spices. Continue mixing with hands.
5. Individually line onto baking sheets lined with parchment or a silicone mat (will need 2 baking sheets). Do not overcrowd.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt.
7. Roast in oven for 20-25 mins, or until crispy. Watch carefully as they burn easily.
8. Keep in an airtight container on counter for several days.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!