We came. We saw. We rambled.
I have no idea how to start this post…
Here’s what’s been happening in my oh so random life:
1. My cousins are awesome. They were slightly offended I had yet to mention them on the blog so here’s your shout-out! My genius cousin (also known as the voice of Arthur’s sister DW #celebrity) came up with the idea to one-up Ellen with a #sederselfie at our Passover Seder. Don’t worry, this was after we said our prayers…and by prayers I mean sang the Passover songs with outrageous hand gestures. Chag Sameach.
2. At the seder we were talking about how our Bubby would hang each of our Bat-Miztvah pictures on her wall. Not surprisingly, mine never made it. There is an epic story behind this. Part of the Jewish tradition is forcing your children to chant prayers and take an obscene number of pictures when they are at the peak of their awkwardness. Since I couldn’t hide my unibrow, I made my best attempt to cover up my braces by smiling with my mouth closed. The photographer told me to not bother closing my mouth because he could just photoshop out my braces. Needless to say, neither picture made Bubby’s wall…
3. Although neither C nor I celebrate Easter, last week he told me how his Mom used to set up a jelly bean trail to a new lego set every Easter. I decided to recreate it for him this year (minus the lego…trying to encourage him to grow up) and he was so excited he ate the beans off the floor. Neither of us can remember who last cleaned the floors eeeeek.
4. One of my favourite “de-stressing” activities is to colour. The other week I had all Saturday afternoon off so I did just that. All we had on hand were coloured pencils though. The verdict? I like crayons better. I also pronounce it “CRAY-ON”, and you should too.
5. I have a very real fear of old food. I can’t handle anything that might come close to being mouldy. Well, not-so-conveninetly, I left a few failed cookies in our cookie jar, Louman and totally forgot about them. Poor Louman needed a bath. After finally convincing C that he would need to be the one to clean him, I came into the room to find that C had given him a beard. I nearly peed myself. Please tell me I’m not the only person who finds this hilarious.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!