This Single-Serve Grain-Free Apple Crumble makes a delicious + grain-free dessert for one! No need to be tempted by a whole batch with this easy dessert recipe!
It’s crazy to think about how a year ago I was right in the middle of my baking course. It’s also crazy to think I was working full-time in a hospital looking at baby brains, but that’s a topic for another day…
The other day C asked me if I would do another baking or cooking course (mostly because I think he wants me to come home with cakes and pies weekly) and I was probably too quick to say no.
While I would love to continue my learning in the kitchen, I know that right now would not be the right time for me to take on another project. But in reflecting on my experience in Baking 101 I came to realize that I learned so much more than just how to bake.
A lot of people talk about how baking is a science, and yes it is but one of the main lessons I learned from my instructor is the importance of going with the flow. Your piping may not be perfect, your cupcakes may be a little sunken and your pie may look a little “rustic” (her words!) but it’s not worth it to stress over it. 90% of the time you can top something with sprinkles and no one has to know!
So this single- serve grain-free apple-crumble doesn’t look perfect. The coconut sugar made it a little too brown and I may have slightly burned my first attempt, but it’s all good! It tasted awesome and it was made with a whole lot of love. I’ll save the stress for something else.Print
Single-Serve Grain-Free Apple Crumble
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar-divided (brown sugar works too)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp tapioca starch (any starch will work)
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tsp cold butter (coconut oil works too)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 5 ounce ramekin or bake-proof dish with nonstick spray, coconut oil or butter.
- In a bowl combine apple, 1 tsp coconut palm sugar, cinnamon and tapioca starch. Add to ramekin.
- In a separate bowl combine almond meal, 1 tsp coconut palm sugar and butter and mix until crumbly (I used my hands!). Top onto apples in ramekin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Keywords: single serve apple crumble
Do you ever find yourself stressing in the kitchen? What type of baking or cooking course would you take?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!