- Melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat and add beef.
- Brown each side (about 5 minutes)
- Place beef and vegetables into slow cooker.
- Top with beef broth, tomato paste and spices.
- Stir so everything is well combined.
- Top with bay leaf and cover to cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Serve over rice, noodles or on its own.
*I use clodhammer steak (part of the shoulder) but any shoulder or rear-end cut is ideal. I recommend asking your butcher for the best quality stewing beef.