Do you have a go-to item or meal that you have to order if it’s on a menu? For me that’s anything with truffles. It could be a glass of dairy-full milk filled with gluten, but if it’s topped with truffles I just have to order it. I have an inability to turn down truffles.
Truffled Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 T truffle oil-divided (olive oil will also work)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of salt, or more to taste
- pepper, to taste
- toasted pinenuts, optional
- Chop cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor. Process for 1-2 mins or until “rice-like” consistency is reached.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of truffle oil (or olive oil) in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic and thyme and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add in mushrooms and cook for another 3 mins.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and let cook, stirring frequently for 5 mins.
- On the stove or in the microwave heat up vegetable stock until warm but not boiling.
- In 1/4 cup increments add stock to cauliflower mixture. Let each 1/4 cup absorb before adding in the next. Stir frequently. This will take time so be patient.
- After half of stock has been absorbed add in nutritional yeast, other tablespoon of truffle oil and salt and pepper.
- Continue adding stock until all has been absorbed.
- Place heat on low and let cook uncovered for another 10 mins.
- Top with pine nuts (if using) and serve.
- Serving Size: 3-4
Is there an item or food you have to order if it’s on a menu? Do you read menus before you go to restaurants?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!