- Place apricots in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for at least 1 hour.
- Drain apricots and place in a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- In a medium-sized pot add all ingredients including apricot paste.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before marinating chicken for at least 1 hour in fridge (I left mine overnight).
- Preheat grill to medium-high and lightly oil grates.
- Using chicken thighs, mine cooked in about 6 minutes on each side (12 minutes total). Cook longer for larger chicken thighs or breasts.
*I like Nature’s Hollow Sugar-Free Ketchup from Whole Foods.
**I buy these from Trader Joe’s but any kind of dried apricots will work.
***Marinade keeps for a few weeks so no need to marinate a ton of chicken if you don’t want to.