Arugula Peach and Halloumi Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 lb baby arugula
- 2 large peaches
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted*
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 grams halloumi (I like Pittas), sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Combine all salad ingredients (with the exception of the halloumi)
- Grease a cast-iron skillet with olive oil over med-high heat. The oil should be hot, but not sizzling.
- Add your halloumi and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. It will sizzle when you add it to the pan. You want it to brown, but not burn.
- Add halloumi to salad
- Combine all dressing ingredients.
- Top salad with desired dressing.
I highly recommend toasting your nuts for added flavor. I do mine either in the toaster oven or on the stove top. Watch carefully to not burn.