- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl combine white flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together butter, honey or maple syrup, applesauce, egg, almond milk and vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate dry mix into wet. Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until tops spring back and no wet batter remains when picked with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Will keep up to 3-4 days in an airtight container or freeze individually for up to 3 months.
*Roughly one medium-large zucchini. Place in paper towel or a dish towel and squeeze to remove all liquid. Do not skip this step!