Coconut Waffles – Vegan and Gluten-Free
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 5 large waffles 1x
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (mixed with 6 tbsp warm water)-to make chia egg
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 cup of oat flour (ground oats) – gluten-free flour works here too
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (plus more for greasing waffle-iron)
- 1 1/2 cups lite coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- Turn on waffle-iron and let heat up.
- Whisk together chia egg and let sit.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Melt coconut oil and combine with vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut milk. Add in chia egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Waffle batter will be thick.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray or grease using melted coconut oil.
- Add batter to iron and follow waffle iron instructions to tell you when the waffle is done.
- Top with mixings of choice. I like bananas and almond butter but maple syrup is also delicious!