Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Bacon
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 bowls 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower (roughly 5 cups, chopped)
- 4 cups water or stock
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.5 fl/oz)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 package of bacon (about 6 pieces), cooked until crispy
- Add the olive to a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add in diced onions and cook until translucent, about 5 mins)
- Add in garlic and celery stalks and cook for 2 more mins.
- Top with cauliflower, water/stock and coconut milk and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper and dried thyme.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, turn stovetop off and let soup cool for at least 10 mins.
- Using an immersion blender or a standard blender, blend soup until thick and creamy.
- Chop up bacon into bits.
- Serve soup topped with a handful of bacon bits.
- Will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezes well (without bacon)