Customizable Protein Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 8 pancakes 1x
- 2 scoops LES MILLS Good Protein Powder – I used vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour (I used brown rice, but oat flour or all-purpose flour is fine)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 bananas, mashed (or 1 cup applesauce or pumpkin)*
- 1 egg
- 3/4–1 cup unsweetened almond milk**
- Add-ins: chocolate chips, coconut, berries, peanut butter, anything!
- Mix together protein powder, flour, and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Add in mashed bananas (or applesauce or pumpkin), egg and almond milk and stir until all ingredients are fully combined and there are no clumps.
- Let mixture sit for 5 mins to thicken.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil or add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan to melt.
- Over medium heat add each pancake one at a time and top with add-ins of choice.
- Let cook for 2-4 mins on each side. Be patient and make sure pancake is mostly cooked through before flipping. Cook time depends on your stovetop, but mine are about 3 minutes on each side.
- Top with maple syrup, nut butter or toppings of choice.
For freezing: Place each pancake in tin foil and store directly in freezer once cooled. Pop into toaster and toast until warm.
*You may need to add a bit of maple syrup to the batter if using applesauce or pumpkin, depending on how much sweetness you desire.
**How much milk you add will depend on which flour you use. The mixture should be thick so don’t add too much milk.