- Melt dark chocolate in microwave or using a double-boiler on stovetop. Be sure not to burn.
- Add almonds to dark chocolate and coat well.
- In a separate bowl combine cocoa powder, turbinado sugar and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add a small handful of chocolate coated almonds (roughly 10) to the cocoa mixture using your left hand. Then use your right hand to toss almonds in cocoa mixture. Place coated almonds on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all almonds are coated. Do not add all almonds at once as they tend to stick together.
- Repeat until all almonds are covered.
- Let sit out for 1 hour to dry.
- Optional: Place coated almonds inside a mesh strainer and give them a gentle toss to remove any excess cocoa mixture. This helps to keep things a little less messy when you’re eating but it is not essential for taste.
*Do not use regular cocoa powder or raw cacao, it is too bitter.