- Place coconut oil and shea butter in a glass bowl or jar and place the bowl/jar inside a medium sauce pan.
- Add water to the saucepan (enough to surround bowl/jar but not to overflow it) and bring to a boil.
- As water is heating up, ensure to stir coconut oil and shea butter and continue to do so until it melts.
- Once melted, add in arrowroot starch, baking soda and essential oils.
- Place in a 3 ounce jar and allow to cool at room temp or in fridge (will harden faster in fridge) until it’s reached a solid state.
- Cover with lid until use.
Directions for use:
- Wet underarms slightly (this helps with even application)
- Spoon out a pea-sized amount with a wooden scoop or with fingers and rub between fingers before applying directly to underarms.
- For a regular day, one application in the morning should be fine. For hotter days, workouts or if you’re particularly sweaty, feel free to reapply as needed.
*Certain people are sensitive to tea tree oil so be sure to test your skin with a drop before adding to mixture. It is not necessary to include but tea tree is antibacterial and it is the bacteria in your underarms that leads to smell so it is a nice addition if you are not sensitive.