Easy Saffron Rice Recipe
Spice up your rice with this delicious and easy saffron rice recipe. Made with basmati rice, high-quality saffron threads and stock, you will never go back to your basic, boring rice recipe again.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Persian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 cups white basmati rice
- 3 1/4 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads (+ 1/4 cup hot water)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Add saffron to mortar and using a pestle grind up saffron until it reaches a powdery consistency.
- Add your 1/4 cup of hot water directly to the pestle and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add your chicken or vegetable stock to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove top over medium-high heat.
- Once the stock is boiling add in your saffron/water mix, olive oil, turmeric and salt. Stir well.
- Add rice and bring mixture back up to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer and cover tightly with a lid.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let rice sit, covered with lid for 5-10 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
Keywords: saffron rice, turmeric rice, yellow rice, saffron rice recipe