Freezer Breakfast Burritos
These wrap and freeze easy breakfast burritos make for a delicious meal prep breakfast that you can unwrap, reheat and enjoy quickly!
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 10 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 box spinach (roughly 5 oz)
- 1 bell pepper (red, yellow or orange), chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 1–2 cups shredded cheese (I like pepper jack but any cheese works)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spread potatoes onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Add bacon to a large pan and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through and level of crispiness is reached. Alternatively you can cook your bacon in the oven.
- Place bacon onto a paper towel lined plate and pat with an additional piece of paper towel to remove extra grease. Chop bacon into small bite-sized pieces.
- Pour out remaining bacon grease, leaving only 1-2 tbsp in the pan. Add spinach and bell pepper to the bacon pan (or splash some olive oil in a pan if baking bacon) and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until all spinach is wilted. Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Add eggs to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Sprinkle in some salt.
- If additional bacon grease is remaining add eggs directly to pan over low-medium heat. If no grease/oil is remaining add a splash of bacon grease or olive oil. Cook until eggs are fully cooked through, stirring continuously.
- Place tortillas in a dish towel, wrap and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Set up your burrito filling station by laying out tortillas, eggs, chopped bacon, cooked potatoes, cooked veggies, and cheese.
- Into the bottom third of each tortilla, layer the eggs, bacon, potatoes, veggies and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll in the sides of each tortilla, then from the bottom roll the tortilla upwards to seal in all ingredients.
- Wrap each breakfast burrito in individual sheets of aluminium foil.
- Place burritos in a ziploc bag and store in freezer for up to 6 months.
To Defrost in Microwave:
- Remove breakfast burrito from tin foil and place onto a plate.
- Microwave breakfast burrito for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Flip and microwave for an additional minute. Microwave in 30 second increments if not fully defrosted.
- For a crispier burrito you can heat a splash of olive oil in a pan and add your defrosted burrito to cook on both sides until crispy.
- Top with salsa, additional cheese or guacamole, as desired.
To Defrost in Oven:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove burritos from tinfoil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot inside.
- Top with salsa, additional cheese or guacamole, as desired
Keywords: breakfast burrito, freezer burrito, egg burritos, freezer breakfast burritos