For The Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flours, coconut palm sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Add in grated carrot, shredded coconut and raisins.
- Grease two 9 inch round cake pans with coconut oil and place a piece of circular parchment paper on the bottom of each (I just cut the parchment paper).
- Divide batter evenly between two pans.
- Bake for 25-30 mins (mine took 28). Cake is done when a toothpick through the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 mins before removing from pans then cool completely on a wire rack.
For The Lightened-Up Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer cream together cream cheese and greek yogurt.
- Add in icing sugar and mix until well combined.
- Place icing in refrigerator for 30 mins to thicken.
To Assemble The Cake:
- Place one cake down and coat with frosting. Sprinkle with walnuts if using.
- Place second cake on top and coat with frosting.
- Use remainder of frosting to coat the sides.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top if using.
- Store in refrigerator for several days.
*I recommend namaste perfect flour blend.
**or brown sugar.