Greek Chicken Gyros
A simple and delicious recipe for Greek Chicken Gyros with a classic Greek chicken marinade in a pita wrap with veggies and tzatziki. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or meal-prepped in advance on the weekend for an under 10 minute meal.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Greek
For the chicken:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- juice, 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the wraps:
- 4–6 pitas
- 2 cups romaine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup tzaztiki (store-bought or homemade)
- Start by slicing chicken breasts into strips (alternatively you can buy pre-chopped chicken tenders)
- In a large bowl add your chicken and top with all marinade ingredients. Stir until chicken is well-coated.
- Cover bowl and place chicken in fridge for at least 1 hour to marinate (or overnight, if preferred).
- Make tzatziki using this homemade recipe or skip this step if using store-bought.
- Preheat your grill over medium heat or until grill reaches temperature of 450 degrees F.
- Place chicken strips directly onto grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side (roughly 6-8 minutes total) or until juices run clear.
- Place pitas onto grill and grill each side until heated through.
- Spread tzatziki onto each pita and top with chicken, onions, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Eat immediately or see instructions above for meal-prepping in advance and storage.
Keywords: Chicken gyro, chicken gyros, greek chicken, greek chicken gyros