- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 cups packed greens – spinach, kale, chard, collard etc…
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped dill (or fresh herbs of choice i.e. oregano, basil, cilantro)
- juice, 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5–6 eggs (will depend on size of pan)
- optional: red pepper flakes for heat, yogurt for topping, feta or goat cheese for crumbling on top
- In a cast iron skillet add oil or butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent (about 3 mins).
- Add in garlic and cook for one more minute.
- One handful at a time add in greens and herbs. They should slowly wilt. It will seem like a lot but once wilted will decrease by a lot.
- Squeeze lemon over greens and top with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Create 5-6 wells for eggs.
- Crack eggs directly into pan and cover with a top or sheet of tinfoil.
- Cook for about 8-12 minutes depending on how well done you like your eggs. Check after 8 mins to see how things are cooking.
- Top with red pepper flakes, yogurt or cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2 eggs each