- Add dates to a food processor or high-powered blender and process until broken down into pea-sized pieces.
- Add in nuts and continue processing until nuts are also broken down into pea-sized pieces.
- Add in protein powder, espresso and sea salt and process until all ingredients have been completely broken down and combined. Dough should be powdery but sticky if pressed together.
- Add in non-dairy milk, 1 tbsp at a time until dough comes together into a sticky ball. You don’t want it to be too wet though.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and press dough into pan, firmly until totally flattened across the top.
- Place in freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 12 bars.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave and then drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or longer in freezer.
*Feel free to use another flavor of protein powder and add 2 tbsp raw cacao to add the chocolate flavor. **or 1 tbsp espresso powder