Healthy Portable Egg Cups
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 large handfuls sugar snap peas
Lemon Caper Sauce
- ½ lemon, finely chopped skin, pith, flesh and all
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Boil the eggs for 7 min for jammy eggs, longer if you like the yolks harder. Place the cooked eggs in a bowl of ice water to stop them cooking further. Peel the eggs and set them aside.
- Slice the sugar snap peas and set aside.
- In a small bowl lightly smash the capers with the back of the spoon. Add the chopped lemon, olive oil and a small pinch of salt. Remember, capers are already salty and you can always add more but you can’t take it out once its in!
- To assemble the jars, place ⅓ cup quinoa in the bottom of the jar. Next add ¼ cup sliced snap peas. Place one of the eggs, cut in half, on top and spoon a few spoonfuls of the sauce over everything. Store in the fridge and eat over the next 4-5 days.