Hearty Lentil & Swiss Chard Soup
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cups red split lentils (uncooked)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (about 4 cups), chopped
- 1/2 head of Swiss chard, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Heat up a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add in carrots, celery and onion and cook for 5 mins.
- Add in lentils, vegetable broth and spices and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 mins.
- Add in sweet potato, cover and cook for another 20 mins.
- Add swiss chard and red wine vinegar and cook for 5 more mins.
- Serve warm. Will keep for up to 1 week in refrigerator. Freezes well.