For the Homemade Rosewater:
- Remove petals from stems and run them under luke-warm water to remove any leftover residue.
- Add petals to a large pot and top with enough distilled water to just cover (no more or you’ll dilute your rosewater).
- over medium-low heat bring the water to a simmer and cover.
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until petals have lost their color and are a pale pink.
- Strain the mixture to separate the petals from the water.
- Discard petals and place water in a glass jar to store.
For the Homemade Rosewater Face Toner:
- Combine all ingredients in spray bottle and shake.
- To apply: spray directly on face or spray a cotton pad and wipe face to remove any residue.
*Note: Using 7 stems makes around 1.5 litres of rosewater. This seems like a lot but it keeps for a long time in the fridge. Just store in a sealed, glass container until ready to use.