How To Make Shakshuka
Have you ever wondered how to make shakshuka? This wonderful This Israeli Shakshuka recipe with poached eggs made in a saucy tomato broth is the next best addition to your weekend brunch or easy recipe arsenal.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Heat up oil in a 10 inch cast-iron (ideal) or large skillet over med-high heat.
- Sauté onions for 3-5 mins or until translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes and spices and bring to a boil then let simmer for about 5 mins or until broth has thickened.
- Create 5 small “wells” for the eggs and crack eggs directly into wells. There should be 4 around the edges and 1 in the middle.
- Cover with a lid, if available or lightly with tin foil and let cook for about 10 mins for over-easy eggs or longer for more well done. Watch closely until desired egg consistency has been reached as each pan/stove top is different.
- Top with fresh parsley and black pepper. Optional to top with feta or goat’s cheese.
- Serve immediately with fresh bread or pita for dipping.
Keywords: shakshuka, shakshuka recipe, how to make shakshuka