- Add rice, almonds, cinnamon sticks and 2 cups of water to a large jar or jug. Let stand overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Add rice mixture and remaining water to a high-speed blender and blend on high until everything has been broken down (around 2 minutes).
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Sweeten mixture with maple syrup, to taste
- Add ice to four glasses and add a cup of horchata to eat glass.
- Top with a shot of espresso lungo and serve immediately.
*Recipe can also be served warm. Just heat up horchata on stovetop, divide into glasses and top with espresso.