Instant Pot Bone Broth
Boost your immune system and get an extra dose of collagen with this easy-to-make tutorial for Instant Pot Bone Broth. Learn how to make bone broth in your pressure cooker using food scraps and leftover ingredients to give your food a second life!
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 10 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 lb chicken bones
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 4 garlic cloves
- optional: 1-2 sprigs of rosemary + thyme
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to your Instant Pot and top with water making sure to cover everything with 1 inch of water.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook setting on high for 2 hours or low for 3 hours.
- Let pressure valve naturally release for 20 minutes and then quick release the remaining time.
- Allow to cool before handling.
- Strain broth through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
- Store in airtight containers or jars for up to 1 week in the fridge or several months in the freezer.
Keywords: bone broth, instant pot bone broth, pressure cooker bone broth