Jalapeño Hot Sauce Recipe
Make your own hot sauce with this Jalapeño Hot Sauce Recipe! This homemade hot sauce recipe is made with fresh jalapeños and lasts several months in the fridge so you can add a spicy kick to all your meals.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 lb jalapenos (roughly 10)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- Wearing gloves, remove tops from jalapenos and slice in half. Remove seeds as desired (our jalapenos are spicy so we remove about half of the seeds) and roughly chop.
- Heat a stainless steel pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add your jalapeños, white onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 7-10 minutes or until jalapeños have browned slightly.
- Pour your water over top your jalapeño mixture and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add jalapeño mixture to a blender or food processor and process until a thick paste is formed. Pour in vinegar, lime juice and salt and blend until smooth or desired consistency is reached.
- Store in a sterilized jar for 1 week to allow flavors to meld.
- Will keep in refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Keywords: jalapeño hot sauce, how to make jalapeño hot sauce, how to make hot sauce