Treat yourself this fall with these delicious and healthful pumpkin brownies! Traditional brownie batter is swirled with canned pumpkin and baked to perfection in the perfect bite-sized dessert!
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan with butter, coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- In a small pot add chocolate chips and butter and over low heat stir until mixed and melted. Watch carefully and make sure it doesn’t burn! Alternatively melt both together in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt and coconut sugar and stir until well-mixed.
- Add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla to melted chocolate and butter and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet.
- Add batter to prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until top of brownies have set and edges are slightly crispy.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting and removing from pan. I like to cut into 9 brownies (3 x 3).
- See above for storage instructions
Keywords: pumpkin brownies, pumpkin brownie recipe