Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad with Kale and Artichokes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
For the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (stored in OLIVE oil)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup reserved olive oil from Sun-dried tomato jar (or any olive oil)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup parmesan (or nutritional yeast if vegan)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup of water
For the Pasta Salad:
- 1 box of pasta (approx 4 cups)
- 3 cups artichoke hearts (stored in water), chopped
- 1/2 head of kale, stemmed and chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add stemmed and chopped kale to a colander and place in the sink.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- When finished, pour pasta and water over kale to wilt kale.
- Add kale and pasta back to pot and top with artichoke hearts.
- Place all pesto ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until well combined.
- Add pesto to pot and stir so pasta, artichoke hearts and kale are coated.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Store in refrigerator to cool and allow flavours to meld for at least 1 hour.
- Serve warm or cold.