Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
This delicious sun dried tomato pesto is the perfect topping for pasta, pizza, sandwiches or even served as a dip! It comes together quickly and is ready in under 15 minutes!
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 8 oz jar of Sun Dried Tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or walnuts)
- juice, 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Remove sun dried tomatoes from jar and add to a food processor. Pulse several times to break them up.
- Add basil, garlic cloves, parmesan, pine nuts (or walnuts), lemon juice, salt and pepper to food processor and pulse several more times to break up into pea-sized bits.
- Run the food processor and slowly add olive oil until everything comes together into a thick, but slightly chunky paste. For a thinner pesto add more olive oil.
- Add to pasta, pizza, sandwiches, or desired dish.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Keywords: sun dried tomato pesto, pesto rosso, sun-dried tomato pesto, tomato pesto