Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 bowls 1x
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 T chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce (ideally no-sugar-added)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned (About 3-4 mins).
- Add in onions and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add in peppers, jalapeno and garlic and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add spices, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and sweet potato and bring mix to a boil.
- Once boiling lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 30-40 minutes, uncovered or until desired consistency is reached.