Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
Lightened-up chili using ground turkey and sweet potato! This Sweet Potato Turkey Chili can be made in one-pot and will feed you all fall and winter long for dinner or lunches alike.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 bowls 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (deseed if you don’t like spice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed (no need to skin)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned (About 3-4 mins).
- Add in onions and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add in peppers, jalapeno and garlic and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add spices, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and sweet potato and bring mix to a boil. If mixture is too thick add in 1/2 cup water.
- Once boiling lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 30-40 minutes, uncovered or until desired consistency is reached.
Keywords: Chili, Turkey chili, Sweet potato chili