Thai Turkey Burgers with Peanut Sauce
These Thai Turkey Burgers made with freshly ground turkey, a mix of veggies and a red pepper kick are topped with a delicious and zesty peanut sauce the whole family will love!
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Thai
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the burgers:
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (approx 1 medium carrot)
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (approx 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup of a red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or a more neutral oil like grapeseed oil)
- 5 burger buns, for serving
- optional: 5 large lettuce leaves, for serving
For Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 inch knob fresh ginger (roughly size of your thumbnail)
- Combine all peanut sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, finely mince your garlic + ginger and combine in a bowl. Set side.
- Add all burger ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Wet hands slightly and form mixture into 5 patties using your hands.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook on medium-low heat for about 3-5 minutes per side. Watch closely making sure not to burn. Do not overcrowd pan. Cook in rounds if necessary.
- Toast your burger buns, if desired and top with lettuce, patties and a drizzle of peanut sauce.
- Burgers will keep up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Peanut sauce will keep up to 1 week in refrigerator.
Keywords: thai turkey burgers, peanut sauce, thai turkey burgers with peanut sauce, turkey burgers