- Cook rice according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cubed tofu on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and coat with 1 tbsp coconut oil (you may need to melt it). Top with salt and pepper.
- Bake tofu for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile heat up a skillet with the other tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add broccoli florets and 1 tbsp of water. Cover skillet to steam broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Add in kale and garlic and toss to coat and cook until desired texture has been reached.
To Make Buddha Sauce:
- Remove broccoli and kale from skillet and set aside. Using the same skillet add coconut oil and chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add cooked onion and garlic to a blender or food processor.
- Top with remaining buddha sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more water if sauce is too thick.
To assemble buddha bowls:
- Divide rice between bowls and top with tofu, broccoli and kale.
- Drizzle sauce on top and sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
*Will keep in refrigerator for up to 1 week.