Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
Have you ever wondered how to make whole wheat pancakes? This whole wheat pancake recipe is packed full of whole grains with dairy-free or dairy-full options for a healthier twist on traditional pancakes.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 11-12 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cook
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for drizzling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- oil for greasing pan (I like butter or coconut oil)
- optional add-ins: 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, sliced banana etc…
- Heat up a large skillet over low-medium heat. You want the pan to be evenly warm before you add the batter.
- In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine maple syrup, milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry until just incorporated.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter or oil until melted in skillet.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop batter onto skillet making sure not to overcrowd.
- Cook on low-medium for 3-5 minutes or until all bubbles have popped and then flip pancakes and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side. If using add-ins, add them immediately after pouring batter into pan, making sure to disperse evenly. See above for ideas.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining pancakes. Be sure to add in 1 tbsp of butter or oil each time you add new batter.
- Top with toppings of choice and maple syrup.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or see instructions above for freezing.
Keywords: Whole wheat pancakes, how to make whole wheat pancakes, whole wheat pancake recipe