Butternut Squash and Wild Rice Pilaf
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice (I like Lundberg’s Wild Rice Blend)
- 2 cups Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (I like to toast mine on the stovetop until browned)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook rice according to package instructions,
- Cook onion and butternut squash in oven for 15 mins and then flip and cook for another 10 mins
- Combine rice with butternut squash-onion mixture. Top with almonds, cranberries and vinegar, honey and spices.
- Stir until well-combined.
- Serve warm.