Caramelized Onion, Broccoli and Spinach Frittata
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 large slices 1x
- ½ lb broccoli (about 1–2 crowns of broccoli or 1 bunch of baby broccoli), chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 box of mighty spinach (5 oz)
- 10 eggs
- salt, to taste
- Olive oil, butter or ghee for cooking
- Prep your vegetables and place the broccoli into a heat proof bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat an oven safe 10” skillet (preferably nonstick or cast iron) over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of olive, ghee or butter (or a mix) to skillet.
- Once the fat is melted add the onions and a good pinch of salt and turn the heat to medium low.
- Cook the onions, stirring every few minutes, until they are golden and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over the broccoli and cover with a plate for about 5 minutes. Drain the broccoli and set aside.
- Once the onions are very fragrant, golden and soft, add the broccoli and another good pinch of salt.
- Next add in the box of greens and cook until it is all wilted.
- Meanwhile, whisk 10 eggs with 2 good pinches of salt.
- Once all the greens are wilted add the eggs into the skillet and stir gently to evenly distribute the vegetables.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and cook for about 5 minutes until the bottom is golden.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the frittata is set, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into desired slices. Serve immediately.