Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Chocolate meets coffee in these Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies. Your ultimate indulgences just got a healthy makeover in these vegan, gluten-free and paleo cookies.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 15 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Diet: Vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter and espresso.
- Stir in flax, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt until it all comes together.
- Stir in chocolate.
- If mixture is a little wet (this will depend on your almond butter), place batter in fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Roll dough into 1 tbsp sized balls and flatten with palm directly onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 10 mins before removing from sheet. This step is important, do not attempt to remove them from the sheet before 10 mins is up.
- Remove from sheet and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
*You want your almond butter to be drippy with the oil well-integrated. Some almond butters are thicker so you may want to add the hot espresso to the almond butter and whip it to get a creamier consistency.
Keywords: chocolate espresso cookies, vegan chocolate espresso cookies, vegan espresso cookies, vegan chocolate cookies