Decadent Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup unsalted grassfed butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar works too)
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar (white sugar works too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat (or grease tray if neither are available).
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugars and vanilla.
- Stir in the egg until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine rice flour, almond meal, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Add dough to try, 1 tablespoon at a time. Don’t add more than 12 cookies per tray or they will overcrowd.
- Bake for 10 mins (or slightly longer as all ovens are different).
- Let sit on tray for 10 mins before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use remaining dough and repeat 10 mins in oven and 10 mins on tray.
- Stir in an airtight container for up to 3 days (if they last that long…)