Healthy Kimchi Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 cup dry jasmine rice
- 1 carrot, peeled + cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 lb oyster or shitake mushrooms (or mushrooms of choice)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2/3 cup kimchi, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or other neutral oil)
- Make the rice according to the instructions.
- While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables and set them all aside.
- Heat a large pan (we like cast iron) over medium heat and add the ghee and oil. Once they have melted, add the mushrooms and cook over medium high heat for about 6 minutes. Do not touch the mushrooms.
- After about 5-6 minutes, flip the mushrooms and add the carrot and kimchi, cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and toss everything together to cook for a few more minutes.
- Push the rice mixture to the edge of the pan and crack the eggs in. Roughly stir to break the yolks and cook until the eggs are mostly cooked through.
- Add the scallions and soy sauce and mix everything together.