Healthy Split Pea Soup
This creamy and hearty Healthy Split Pea Soup is packed full of vegetables and plant-based protein for a delicious meal in one! A healthy vegan soup recipe ready in 40 minutes or less.
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 bowls 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Add coconut oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Once coconut oil has melted add in onion and saute until translucent (about 5 mins).
- Add in garlic cloves, carrot, celery and sweet potato and cook for another 5 mins.
- Top with split peas, vegetable stock, salt, pepper and herbs/spices and bring to boil.
- Cover with lid and lower to a simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove lid and cook for 10 more mins.
- Turn off stovetop and allow soup to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, blend using an immersion blender or in batches with a standard blender. Feel free to remove a ladle or two of soup before blending to keep some chunkiness, if preferred. Add back in after blending.
- Serve warm.
- Will keep for up to one week in the fridge and months in the freezer.
Keywords: split pea soup, healthy split pea soup