Hidden Veggie Pasta Sauce
Got a picky eater on your hands? Sneak in an extra serving of vegetables with this hidden veggie pasta sauce. Just cook and blend ingredients and top onto your favorite pasta. Your kiddo (or adult!) won’t know any different!
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled + chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded + chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water or stock (chicken or veggie)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and onions. Cook onions until translucent (3-5 minutes). Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in carrots and bell pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes and then stir in spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add herbs, salt (if using), canned tomatoes and water/stock. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow sauce to cool to room temperature.
- Add sauce to a blender and blend to your desired consistency. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Will keep in fridge for up to 5 days or see instructions above for freezing.
Keywords: hidden veggie pasta sauce, hidden veggie tomato sauce, hidden vegetable pasta sauce