Mexican Fiesta Bowl
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Mexican Fried Rice:
- 1 cup of already prepared white or brown rice
- ½ bell pepper
- ½ yellow onion
- 1.5 T coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 T parsley
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
For the roasted sweet potatoes:
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (option to remove skins)
- Olive oil spray
- Sea salt
For the bowls:
- 1 large piece of already prepared chicken breast, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 large pieces of lettuce- to be used as wraps or shredded if making a salad
- Cholula sauce-do not skimp on this, it makes the dish
For Sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dice sweet potatoes and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast in oven for 25-30 mins or until golden brown.
For Mexican Fried Rice:
- Sautee bell pepper and onion in coconut oil over medium heat for 5-10 mins or until soft. Add in garlic and sautee for another minute.
- Add in rice and stir to combine.
- Mix in spices and salt and top with parsley.
To assemble bowls:
- If making wraps lay out 8 pieces of lettuce. If making a salad shred lettuce.
- Top each wrap/salad bowl with fried rice, diced avocado, chopped tomato, roasted sweet potato and chicken.
- Drizzle generously with Cholula sauce, depending upon spice level.