No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour**
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter and honey.
- Add in protein powder and oat flour. It should come together into a ball. Batter will be slightly dry.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over an 8 x 8 inch baking pan so that it hangs over the sides.
- Put batter into pan and flatten with hands so it fills the entire pan. Make sure it’s flat and even.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- While bars are in freezer, melt chocolate chips in the microwave. I heat in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Remove bars from the freezer and lift out of the pan using the plastic wrap.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Using a knife spread chocolate onto bars. OR place in a ziploc bag and cut off a corner and drizzle over bars.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.***
*Make sure your peanut butter is the natural variety, meaning the only ingredient should be peanuts!
**You can grind the oats yourself or buy packaged oat flour. This may work with other flours but I haven’t tried.
***NOTE: The texture of these is best straight from the fridge or freezer. If you are eating them on the go, I recommend rolling the dough into 24 balls instead of 12 bars as they keep their shape better.