All you need is 5 ingredients, one bowl and 25 minutes to make these No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars. They’re simple, delicious and packed-full of protein with 12 grams in each bar!
These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars are for my peanut butter loving soulmates of the world. And now that I know there are so many of you out there, I should warn you that they are completely addictive. We’re talking 12 bars down in 2 days kind of addictive.
But it’s okay. You are not alone. We can have a peanut butter themed potluck and a PBAA (peanut butter addicts anonymous) meeting all in one. Who wants in?
Here’s What You Need
- smooth peanut butter – look for natural peanut butter where the only ingredient is peanuts! A lot can have added sugar and oils.
- honey – the natural sweetener in these bars!
- vanilla protein powder – look for a protein powder with minimal ingredients. Either vegan or whey protein powder works!
- oat flour – you can grind oats yourself or buy pre-made oat flour.
- chocolate chips – I like Enjoy Life’s dairy-free chocolate chips but any work!
How To Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
These bars don’t require any baking and are ready in under 30 minutes!
STEP 1: In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Add in the protein powder and oat flour. It should come together into a ball and will seem slightly dry.
STEP 2: Place a large piece of plastic wrap over an 8 x 8 inch baking pan so it hangs over the sides. Put batter into the pan and flatten with your hands so it fills the entire pan. Try to make it as flat and even as you can.
STEP 3: Place the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes.
STEP 4: While the bars are setting up in the freezer, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. I recommend heating in 20 second increments until smooth.
STEP 5: Remove the bars from the freezer, cut into 12 bars and spread chocolate onto bars. Allow chocolate to cool and enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They should last 1 week in the fridge and will keep much longer in the freezer!
While these no-bake peanut butter cup protein bars are always delicious, they hold their shape best when cold. If you’d like to eat these on the go, I suggest rolling them into 24 small balls as they hold the shape best when in ball-form. But if you’re only eating them at home, leave them as bars!Print
No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars 1x
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour**
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter and honey.
- Add in protein powder and oat flour. It should come together into a ball. Batter will be slightly dry.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over an 8 x 8 inch baking pan so that it hangs over the sides.
- Put batter into pan and flatten with hands so it fills the entire pan. Make sure it’s flat and even.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- While bars are in freezer, melt chocolate chips in the microwave. I heat in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Remove bars from the freezer and lift out of the pan using the plastic wrap.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Using a knife spread chocolate onto bars. OR place in a ziploc bag and cut off a corner and drizzle over bars.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.***
*Make sure your peanut butter is the natural variety, meaning the only ingredient should be peanuts!
**You can grind the oats yourself or buy packaged oat flour. This may work with other flours but I haven’t tried.
***NOTE: The texture of these is best straight from the fridge or freezer. If you are eating them on the go, I recommend rolling the dough into 24 balls instead of 12 bars as they keep their shape better.
Like this recipe? Here are some No-Bake recipes you might enjoy:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!