This simple and healthy no-bake oatmeal protein energy balls recipe is perfect for easy snacking on-the-go! With rolled oats, protein powder, peanut butter and a touch of honey, these energy balls will keep you satisfied for hours!
I’ve decided that my life mission is to bring energy balls to the world! If any of you happen to know what C does for a living or who he works for, this statement is that much funnier. For the rest of you…keep guessing.
But for real, I am astounded when I meet someone who hasn’t discovered the glory and convenience that is the energy ball. So much so that I have a speech memorized for when I come across the rare person who has yet to be convinced.
I’ll spare you from hearing it.
I cannot accept the idea that someone could NOT like energy balls. Unless they’re one of those annoying people who “doesn’t like healthy food” (get over it), the only reason I can think of for why someone might not love EBs is because they have yet to find their flavor combo.
This is the reason why I am always trying to come up with new, creative flavors. From almond joy, to gingerbread and of course those blueberry muffin energy balls, I am absolutely convinced that there is a flavor out there for everyone.
The other week my friend Cat was over and the topic of energy balls came up. Obvi. Because when am I not chatting about energy balls? Like C (my C, not Cat) Cat is not a big chocolate fan. It took some digging but it turns out that oatmeal raisin is her jam. So I set out to convince another being of the world that energy balls are gods gift to the earth.
I don’t discriminate between raisin lovers and chocolate lovers.
But I do discriminate between those who love energy balls and those who claim to not like them. I prefer to pretend the latter just don’t exist! Life just makes more sense that way…Print
No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 20-24 balls (depends on size) 1x
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder (about 2 scoops)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)*
- 3 T natural honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins, chocolate chips, craisins or preferred add-in
- 2–4 T liquid (almond milk, milk, water etc…)
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in raisins (or preferred add-in). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tablespoon at a time and using hands (get dirty!) combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
*Make sure it is drippy. If not you may need to add in extra liquid at the end.
Favourite energy ball flavour? If you have a recipe you absolutely love, leave it in the comments below to share with others!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!