Orange Coconut Baked Tofu
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 16 oz block of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tsp tapioca starch (arrowroot or cornstarch works too)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened, dried coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut up tofu into bite-sized blocks and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile add coconut oil to a large pan over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and ginger and cook for 2 mins.
- Top with orange juice, tamari, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil and raise heat to high.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add tapioca starch to warm water and stir to form a slurry.
- Add slurry to orange mixture and bring to a boil before stirring vigorously. Repeat this process 3-4 times or until mixture has reduced to half.
- Add in tofu and stir to coat with mixture.
- Lay dried coconut on a large plate and add tofu 3-4 pieces at a time. Use a fork to toss in coconut until coated.
- Serve immediately with rice and veggies.