- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a normal-sized muffin pan very well with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut palm sugar, sea salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combine egg, egg white, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of dough into each muffin tin and flatten with fingers. Poke a hole in the center (don’t worry, it doesn’t need to be perfect. You will make the hole bigger later.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using the back of a spatula or long round stick (I used the back of an ice cream scooper), create a large hole about 1 inch deep inside each cookie.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan. Use a knife around the edges to loosen cups from pan.
- Fill with toppings of choice as listed above, or get creative!
- I keep mine in the refrigerator as I prefer the texture and they last longer…not that they last very long.
*I’ve only tried these with almond flour, NOT almond meal. Let me know if you have any luck using almond meal.
**I use Enjoy Life, dairy-free chocolate chips.