Who needs a cup when you can eat out of a cookie?! Customize your Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups by filling them with coconut cream, berries, more chocolate or whatever your heart desires! All you need is a muffin pan and a lot of love.
There is only 1 thing that makes me look forward to the month of February: Valentine’s Day. You may remember from last year how much I love Vday. In fact, I dedicated an entire week to Valentine’s Day treats! What can I say? I’m a sucker for love.
There is only one way to my valentine’s heart…chocolate chip cookies. Not oatmeal cookies or shortbread cookies or even gingerbread, JUST chocolate chip cookies.
But plain old paleo chocolate chip cookies are boring and certainly not worthy of Valentine’s Day IMO. So I took it up a notch and introduced my fav chocolate chip cookie recipe to it’s new friend…the muffin pan.
However, the fun only began here. Once I’d mastered the cookie cups, my life became about finding the perfect filler. Coconut cream was a total winner in my books, but additional chocolate, berries or even Lee’s salted chocolate mousse from above would be amazing! Or if you’re C then vanilla bean icing. At least the cookie is healthy!
Let your creative juices flow and I’d love to see what you fill your cookie cups with! The ultimate Vday gift to me would be if you tagged me in your pictures using the hashtag #TheHealthyMaven on Instagram. Can’t wait to see what you and your valentines come up with.Print
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour*
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For filling: coconut cream, berries, chocolate, pudding, nut butter etc…
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a normal-sized muffin pan very well with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut palm sugar, sea salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combine egg, egg white, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of dough into each muffin tin and flatten with fingers. Poke a hole in the center (don’t worry, it doesn’t need to be perfect. You will make the hole bigger later.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using the back of a spatula or long round stick (I used the back of an ice cream scooper), create a large hole about 1 inch deep inside each cookie.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from pan. Use a knife around the edges to loosen cups from pan.
- Fill with toppings of choice as listed above, or get creative!
- I keep mine in the refrigerator as I prefer the texture and they last longer…not that they last very long.
*I’ve only tried these with almond flour, NOT almond meal. Let me know if you have any luck using almond meal.
**I use Enjoy Life, dairy-free chocolate chips.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!