Pumpkin Cornbread [Gluten-Free & Vegan]
Cornbread just got an upgrade with this vegan and gluten-free pumpkin cornbread recipe. Made with simple and wholesome ingredients the whole family will love, you’ll never go back to regular cornbread after trying this recipe!
- Author: Davida Lederle
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp warm water)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (applesauce and mashed banana also work)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 4 loaf pan with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
- Make flax eggs and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal, brown rice flour, coconut palm sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin, almond milk and flax egg.
- Slowly incorporate wet mixture into dry.
- Add mixture to loaf pan and bake for 40-45 mins.
- Let cool for at least 20 mins in pan before removing and letting cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Keywords: pumpkin cornbread, gluten-free cornbread, vegan cornbread