Creamy Herb Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a blender* and blend until smooth and creamy and pourable. This sauce can be made in advance, but it will thicken as it sits in the fridge. If this happens, simply mix in a little more water until you get your desired consistency.
For Cabbage & Chickpeas:
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage. Cut the cabbage in half through the stem and then cut each half into wedges, being careful to keep the wedges together as best as you can.
- Lay the wedges flat on a sheet pan and lightly coat with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Season with salt.
- Next, pat the chickpeas dry as best as you can.
- Lay them on a second sheet pan and toss with the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil, za’atar, salt and pepper.
- Roast both sheet pans in the oven for 40-45 min. Depending on how dry the chickpeas are they can sometimes take only 25ish minutes, so keep an eye on them.
- To serve, put the chickpeas over the cabbage and serve with the creamy herby cashew sauce and a good sprinkle of flakey salt.
*I found that a smaller blender like a NutriBullet worked best here, as the quantity of cashews is a bit too small for a big blender like a Vitamix to properly blend together, but work with what you have!